Friday, February 3, 2012

How To Eat an Elephant

Matthew 6:34 “Be, therefore, not anxious about tomorrow;
 for tomorrow will be anxious for the things of itself.”

   So your undies are in a bundle, and the day hasn't even begun. How will you get it all done? That is my life too. God says to relax, because tomorrow will be the same. How do we relax? Well, it's like eating an elephant, just one bite at a time.

   Make a list, what are the priorities today, not tomorrow? We'll think about tomorrow, tomorrow. But, today we will concentrate on the things of today. What does God have for me today? God knew we would need this verse; He has all the answers for us. He knows us inside and out.

   Someone gave me a recipe for stew many years ago, and I want to share it with you because it may make your day easier if you make a large pot of stew and freeze what is leftover. I hope it lifts the burden and gives you more free time for other things. I am always looking for shortcuts in the kitchen, so I have more time to write.

    This recipe has been in my recipe box for 25 years, but I have never tried it. Let me know how it works out for you. It's a missionary recipe, but can be adapted to your life-style.

Elephant Stew

1 medium size elephant
2 rabbits (optional)

   Cut the elephant into bit-size pieces. Add enough brown gravy to cover. Cook over a kerosene fire about four weeks at 465 degrees. This will serve about 3,800 people. If more guests are expected, the rabbits may be added. But do this only in case of emergency. Most people don't like hare in their stew!

   Don't be anxious about cooking tomorrow, this should take care of cooking for many tomorrows!

   Life is like eating an elephant, just one bite at a time. What's your elephant today?