Monday, November 14, 2011

The Greatest Gift

John 6:35, “ I am the bread of life;
 he that cometh to me shall never hunger,
 and he that believeth in me shall never thirst."

     Bread is always welcomed in the mountains. The highest regions don’t have firewood and a little further down the mountain where there is firewood, flour is scarce. When the kids see bread their eyes light up, just like they do when they see toys. But just like they readily accept the bread they also accept the Bread of Life. They are hungry for both, bread to satisfy the stomach and Bread to satisfy the soul. Every year we share the Christmas story in places where many hear it for the first time. A few weeks from now we will be heading out again to spread the Good News in these remote mountain villages.  The following pictures are of past trips, regions once without the Gospel message but now have the light of Jesus shining in them.


The Road Up the Mountain


They Heard the Bus and Ran to Greet Us


Chuck Arrives on the Quad


That Night Supplies Arrived


In the Morning We Begin Washing Hair and Cutting Toenails


The Girls Look Pretty


We Tend to Medical Needs


Vets Vaccinating Animals


Feeding the Crowd


Clothing the Needy


Receiving Gifts


Receiving "The Greatest Gift"
Romans 6:23b "but the gift of God is eternal life through
 Jesus Christ, our Lord.


Matthew 25:35,36 " For I was hungry,and ye gave me food;
 I was thirsty and ye gave me drink;
I was a stranger, and ye took me in; Naked and ye clothed me;


"Verily I say unto you,
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least
 of these my brethren,ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40