Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birthday Blessings

'Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!' (2 Corinthians 9:15 KJV)

I was upstairs at my computer this morning, deep in my thoughts when I heard something strange downstairs. Chuck sat at his computer preparing a lesson in Spanish. "What's that noise?" "I guess it's Juan," he answered.

Juan called from downstairs and we told him to come upstairs. No one came. I heard whispering and called again. Then the Rumi Rancho staff  jumped out from the stairway to surprise me––shouting Happy Birthday.

Juan, Amelia, Pablo and Nathaly and the kids, surprised me with a cake, gifts, and their presence on my birthday. I had calls and emails, I was blessed by all.

It's a wonderful thing to know you are loved. Best of all, I know God loves me and gave me the best gift of all..."but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our Lord." (Romans 6:23 KJV)