Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Faithful Feathers






He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and your rampart.
(Psalms 91:3-5 NIV)





I was standing at the kitchen window washing dishes. I'd just arrived home from the clinic and hadn't slept but a fews hours the night before. I could have used a nap, but instead I started  to make a pizza.

Chuck was improving in the clinic and finally had an appetite. I decided to surprise him with a pizza when I returned to visit that evening. While working at the window, I lifted my eyes to the mountain behind our house. Two birds sat perched on the rocks almost at the top of the mountain. They were huge. They had to be condors I thought, and ran to get the binoculars. There on the rocks sat two condors sunning themselves. What an unusual and majestic sighting! Even more unusual to see two condors together.

 As I stood there in amazement of the beautiful birds, they spread their wings. They must have had a wing span of at least ten feet. It turned into an awesome site. They stood with their wings spread for at least 3 minutes. It was a spectacular show that was straight from God. He was saying to me,"I have you covered with my feathers." And He even sent two condors, one for each of us; as if to say, "I have you both covered."

I looked up the mountain at just the right time. No, it was God's perfect timing to have those birds there for me just then. Yes, His timing is perfect.

Even though this is a difficult time for us, with sickness and political problems, we see God. He shows himself to us. He used His awesome condors to say to me, "Here I am, and I have you covered with my feathers and you have refuge under my wings." His faithfulness will get us through the hard times and be our shield and our rampart. We are covered with His feathers and under His wings. What a restful and safe place to be! He sent me huge birds to remind me of His Faithful Feathers and Protective Wings.