Saturday, December 15, 2012

Plugging into the Power


I've never done all the Christmas decorating by myself––until now. My husband was on his way back from the States, and I decided to have all the decorations up and glowing when he arrived. Thank the Lord that he won't be needing surgery as originally thought and has received some answers for his health issues.

So I trotted to the garage, sorted through the boxes and took out the strings of tree lights. I always trim the tree but never put the lights on the tree––that's my husband's job. They were all neatly rolled and easy to untangled. A sure sign it wasn't me that put them away last year.

I fiddled to get the bulbs in just the right spots, and Tah Dah!––ready to plug in. That wasn't so hard.

I was careful to first plug them into a transformer to convert them––thinking they were 110 volts. We have 220 volts here, and I wanted to be careful not to blow up the tree by blowing out the lights.

The lights were dim, barely shining––what could be the problem? After scratching my head for a few minutes, I realized the lights were 220, so no need for a transformer. I plugged them directly into the full source of power, and they twinkled brightly––how lovely to see them glowing in all their beauty.

When we're not plugged into God's power, our light is dim just like the tree lights that weren't drawing on the full power they needed––they weren't brightly shining. But, when plugged into the power source, they brightly glowed. So we too, when plugged into His power, will brightly twinkle with His radiance and beauty.

My tree is twinkling brightly, and I'm making it a daily goal to be plugged into the Power, so that I can brightly twinkle for Jesus this Christmas season and all year round.

Christ is born! Merry Christmas!

Psalm 147:5 "Great is our Lord and mighty in power; " (NIV)