Monday, August 17, 2015

How to Find Your Proper Place


Where is home? Is it where your family lives? Where your work's located? How do you find the comfort of home? Do you feel out of place? Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

Living in two cultures brings with it a sense of not belonging anywhere. Not only do I live in a foreign country, but I also live in a Quechua village. Three cultures and three languages colliding together to make the mix even more interesting. Feeling out of place is an understatement. Yet, somehow I am at home. When we arrive in the States, I feel at home. My language is spoken. My friends wear what I wear––well, once I get to a store and update my look. Then comes a new haircut. Yes, friends make sure I get where I need to go for this new look. I look the part, but am I at home? Yes! Why? How can I be at home in two places and still not fit into either place?

The answer is simple. I'm at home because I am where God wants me to be. I am in His will. "Home" is being in God's will.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (NIV)

In God's will, we have a proper place of belonging––a home. One day we'll arrive in our forever home. Until then, we find a home in the center of God's will.

Are you in your proper place?