Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sparkle Through the Cracks



When we are on furlough in the States, we get invited to speak often. And, by often I mean virtually every day. We try to keep a full schedule because our time is limited usually to only four months. Sometimes we speak in churches or places we've never been before. One Sunday, we were speaking in a new church to us. We didn't know many people, in fact,  just one family, so I told Chuck I'd keep a tight rein on my funny side.

He said, "Just be yourself."

Good advice. Honestly, I don't know how to be anything else. My funny side just slips out when I least expect it––as it did that day.

After the service as we were shaking hands, a sweet lady turned to Chuck and said, "Is she always like this?"

He replied, "No, sometimes she's not so reserved." That brought laughs. He's a funny guy when I give him time to speak. :)

Jesus said, "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand––shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." Matt 5:14-16 (MSG)

Don't we all have little cracks in our personalities? Okay, some of us more so than others. We know who we are. :) God made us the way we are. Our cracks can be used of Him to let His light shine through! So let's shine! Go sparkle for Jesus!