Sunday, May 8, 2016

Heavenly Hugs

Deuteronomy 33:27 “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms;”

   I have the blessings of many hugs in our ministry. We live in a rural area of Bolivia where we teach practical skills to underprivileged children, while reaching them for Christ. This picture was taken when I went to the local government school to register these precious children for our computer classes; they blessed me with heavenly hugs.

   Often we are asked what we miss most from home; that’s easy, family and friends. Our granddaughter recently celebrated her ninth birthday; we missed the party and hugs. But, there is a heavenly hug available. It travels through the heavens and comes out through a phone or a computer. We are blessed by the technology we have available to us today. Before the Internet, we got mail once a month and rarely made a phone call. Now we are blessed to have instant communication daily.

   God has blessed me with a ministry of physical heavenly hugs from children every day, and ethereal heavenly hugs from across the miles often. Even when I miss a birthday party, (or Mother's Day) I am content where He has me. He is my refuse, under His Everlasting Arms of heavenly hugs.

To all my internet mom-friends, hope you feel the hugs. Thanks for your friendship through the heavens! Happy Mother's Day!